Be a Supporter!

Follow CorpseGrinderClock

All 1,138 flash Reviews

Strike Force Heroes Strike Force Heroes

Rated 0 / 5 stars 10 days ago

I'm afraid I have the same problem as Raptorblah2blah2, which makes the game totally unplayable. The only thing that seems to do anything at all is Q, Esc, and P. It'll let me go to all the menu screens and look at the soldiers, but not play the level at all.

Firefox 28.0, updated flash player, Windows 7 if that helps.

Undead End 2 Undead End 2

Rated 5 / 5 stars 2 weeks ago

So when I read that this was not going to be in the beautiful pixel style of the original, I was disappointed. That disappointment quickly disappeared once I saw the actual environments, which are beautiful. Great light and color. I like the magic lighter too, reminds me of the mechanic of Clive Barker's Undying. I would like to see that utilized more.

I'm glad to see you expanded the weapon mechanics. The aim function didn't work as well or as often as I would have liked, but I can hardly complain as it added quite a bit to the gameplay that wasn't in the original.

The adventure game aspect was pretty good, except it really disrupted gameplay on instances where I would get stuck, for instance because a necessary object was too difficult to see (the crowbar, on my first playthrough).

The brevity of the chapter did leave me wanting, but I'm aware that this is extremely well-done and very painstakingly detailed for a flash game. The "boss" wasn't a particularly interesting fight, I just emptied my SMG into his eye a couple times and that was that. I hate to say it, but the corridor leading up to it could have perhaps been more unforgiving, and perhaps held a puzzle required to enter the main boss area (like shooting tentacles in order to get an item).

I am definitely eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

Undead End Hardcore Undead End Hardcore

Rated 5 / 5 stars 2 weeks ago

I love the artistic effects. The backgrounds are lovely, I like the style of the various creatures and the animation (the walk cycle looks good, if a little bit bowlegged). I'm highly impressed with some nuances as the dynamic shadows. I was fond of the many nuanced reference to other related games.

I don't know what the deal is with tanks, whether they drop randomly, whether I'm breaking an environmental object and not knowing it, whatever, I found a couple early on and haven't seen another since.

Anyway, I came to play this before trying the sequel, so I look forward to seeing how that one turned out.

Intel Was Wrong Intel Was Wrong

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars 3 weeks ago

This is a cruel, cruel game. And yet, I'm still playing.

On concept alone it has me. Art could be better. Gameplay is almost excellent...but it ends up still being super laggy (and not in a way that is forgivable, considering how many things kill you with one hit) and not having any quality change button anywhere.

I get that this is a quick project, and it is nice considering. I hope that you take the criticisms given here and release a more fleshed-out sequel.

Something I would like to see is options in more than just dialogue. For instance, whether or not to waste fuel or let your ship take damage in a gravity well, or whether or not to get out of the ship and investigate a planet (which, if you have good hull and ship upgrades but are still wearing the basic spacesuit and gun, you might not want to go traipsing about waiting to get one-shot).

All in all it keeps my interest, and I'm going to play another round (and likely die quickly) after submitting this review.

Wolod responds:

First of all thanks a lot! I like your idea about more options as well. Maybe you're right about creating a sequel. I'll think about it. As for a quality button there is any because it's not a Flash, but HTML5 game. For the best performance I recommend to use Chrome.

Super Shogun Ninja Super Shogun Ninja

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars 3 weeks ago

It's very, very, VERY much like House of Dead Ninjas. Well-made, looks alright, but it's so similar in concept and mechanic that it's hard to appreciate. The gameplay doesn't flow quite as well for that matter, and it seems to kind of hit in-between the mandatory retro minimalism of the first and the polished gameplay and graphics of the second. It manages to have an even more cliche premise. The main differences that I can see is the requirement that you kill every enemy before advancing, and the total selection of weapons from the beginning.

Deeper Sleep Deeper Sleep

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars 1 month ago

Like many classic adventure games, this is vexed with the problem of one tiny pixelated item being very difficult to distinguish as important vs. all the tiny pixelated items that make up the background.

This game is excellent. It uses audio very well, it's lovely and atmospheric. I was particularly fond of the escape challenge, however (spoilers) I found the stereotypical yurei-type spider-crawling drowned girl attacker a little too trite to find scary, whereas the nightmare beings function very much better for me with the reliable grue-ish nyctophobic approach (perhaps just as trite, but helped by vagueness).

I was particularly fond of how the opening went, how it surprised you with familiarity and then switched to an unfamiliar layout. The practice of gradually unsettling the player and setting them on edge over a long period of time without having something jump out at them every few rooms showed a commitment to pacing that is often lacking in horror games.

I was also very fond of how it tied in subtle details of the previous game, and took aspects of the previous game which you wondered if they had any purpose at all and revealed their significance. Great internal consistency, which I am all about. Looking forward to future installments.

The Last Door - Chapter 1 The Last Door - Chapter 1

Rated 5 / 5 stars 1 month ago

What is this? A horror game that isn't "monster jumps out at you"?

I enjoyed this a lot, though I did have a bit of adventure game annoyance at things like a single use crowbar, knife, and hammer. The audio was very good. I would have liked more of a Monkey Island level of pixel detail personally (it ended up being really far too blocky in fullscreen) but it got the job done, and the use of color was quite good.

Wonderful minimalist controls. I would have preferred perhaps an option to walk a little faster (in a game that requires oh so much walking back and forth) but the ability to at least jump to a transition made it acceptable.

A lovely game with a lovely Hitchcock nod. I look forward to playing the next installment.

Don't Escape Don't Escape

Rated 4 / 5 stars 1 month ago

An interesting game. I found it had a lot of the annoyances that plagued many classic adventure games, such as not knowing whether part of an object could be interacted with (how many times did I open and close that window trying to figure out how to lock it?) or something being either very small or completely invisible. I also did not realize initially that there were two pages to the journal, and that one of the "ingredients" was completely useless.

Some of the text had errors. A minor nitpick, but in future games it would be good to just have someone do a once-over of that. I would have liked to see a little more stuff you could explore and do outside the hut too.

The atmosphere of the game was great. The music could have looped a bit better, but it still did a good job building up the appropriate tension. Another interesting thing would have been to have a passage of time mechanic, in the sense that it gets a little closer to moonrise with each interaction.

Anyway good job, keep making fun and interesting stuff.

Where Patricks Dare Where Patricks Dare

Rated 5 / 5 stars 1 month ago

A group of snakes is called a knot.

biblo responds:

Yes it's knot

Forbidden Arms Forbidden Arms

Rated 5 / 5 stars March 12, 2014

I had a lot of fun with this game. It's very polished, the upgrading was fun and interesting, and the special moves were satisfying to use. It ended up a little grind-y, and I should have liked to see more variety of enemies than simply slightly recolored ninjas spamming ninja stars, but all in all they did their job and the game looked good and the controls were responsive.

I have a few criticisms:

1. it's Carpel Tunnel: The Game. I found that particularly when going for combo challenges it became a game of hand endurance (I had a combo randomly break at 2995...do you taste my pain?). I know that's always a hard part about design, particularly when you have a cool click-to-charge effect. I would often end up either pausing or spamming tempests just to give my hand a rest.

2. A lot was poorly explained. A lot of the stats referenced things without a lot of context, and it became a little difficult to determine the economy of certain upgrades. A glossary type thing would help. Also, I pulled off the himitsu gekkyu pretty much by accident and wish that unlocking that would show clearly how it's done.

3. The cutscenes just ached for some narration. They were painfully dull with just that background music, save in ones where that was appropriate (such as the appearances of various ninja levels). Voice acting for all characters would be nice, but I know how much of a pain that would be, particularly for such a long opening sequence. I thought the style was appropriate, though the blood animation still isn't quite there yet (it is admittedly rather hard to do right, and I still have trouble with it).

4. I've never had a relic break? Is that a bug?

kreig13 responds:

The lesser relics dont break. The game was way off behind schedule and since im doing 95% of the game, some things never got the chance to be improved fully. Also im nearing the 20mb limit and the game already had 6+ bgms. I apologize if the cutscenes feel a bit dull.
The combo ledger relic synths well with the combo upgrade as normal hits no longer break your combo.. Loled at carpal tnnel.