Be a Supporter!

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 129 Fans
Follow CorpseGrinderClock

All 1,158 flash Reviews

Consequential Credit Consequential Credit

Reminds me a lot of the style of movies in 2005. Very nostalgic.

MelloYelloClock responds:

Thanks ^_^

Infectonator : Survivors Infectonator : Survivors

A lot of fun once one got past the extremely frustrating "what do you MEAN farming is useless??" deaths. Even fully upgraded, scarcely worth the bother.

I'll do my best not to belabor that point--what I will say is that it might be interesting to have a mechanic for developing holdfasts, areas you can travel to without having to clear them all over again, and can develop a little infrastructure (like, say, when you build a farm there, you are able to acquire all the supplies it generates on the turns you're away, or something like that).

As has already been pointed out, the game veers wildly between easy and horrifyingly difficult. I had a crew of lvl 4 guys all decked out in armor with full-auto weapons and four fully loaded turrets get wiped out at one point, while on a level of the same "difficulty" I had my craft-team (mostly lvl 2 and 1) with lower-tier weapons succeed, because they didn't encounter the long-haired hag-hulks.

And yes, tape. Good thing I read the review hint about tape BEFORE going "ooh I'd like better turrets!" or else I would not have been able to complete the game.

The portraits for the characters are lovely, and I like the little blurbs by each one (though I do agree with the sentiment that the female characters are very one-note.) Atomic did not have one, I note, but I wasn't sure whether that was a glitch or whether you simply haven't given every NPC a portrait.

I think the armor-piercing thing could be improved, made into a passive buff that gives a chance to penetrate rather than an activatable one that always penetrates and then is expended.

I dislike the lightsaber. There, I said it. So many good and fitting zombie-slaying weapons out there and homages to make, (the "lobo" from the World War Z book, chainsaw hand, cricket bat, gravedigger's shovel, a double-bit axe named "OTIS", etc.) the lightsaber just seems bleh.

I found the steam game promotion a little obnoxious, personally. I get that you're professional gamemakers and promotion is necessary, but I've always found the shareware demon "if you pay money, you can unlock this thing" to be a galling advertisement tactic--and what's more, it hasn't previewed stuff to me that I'm terribly eager to invest in. Something like an unlockable promo code might have served you well, but I dunno. I did find it irritating to get additional gems that had no use whatsoever.

And yes I continue to have issues with transition from areas where the characters go over but the camera doesn't pan, and find it annoying when it doesn't give me enough time to search an area before going over (if that's meant to give replay value to an area, then I'd reconsider, because it's just not terribly fun).

All-in-all, however, I like the music, I like the visuals, I think you've managed to blend a lot of elements very nicely and the game is fun. I hope to see further improvements and hope your steam release goes well.

Ren's Ice Bucket Challeng Ren's Ice Bucket Challeng

Canada is too a disease

RenegadeClock responds:

I've got the prescription for you. Another hot beef injection!

Neon Genesis Evanclockeon Neon Genesis Evanclockeon

Shinji is a blasphemous parody of all that is man

AnkhClock responds:

He once shot down a massive alien using a sniper rifle powered by all the electricity in Japan. That was awesome.

Pass The Ca$h II Pass The Ca$h II

The only collab with zero plot inconsistencies.

OTB - The Clock Crew OTB - The Clock Crew

Haha I get it: MARK. TWAIN. Oh man, boat jokes. They keel me.

Cometh the Hour Cometh the Hour

EVERY
YEAR

RobertClock responds:

i used basically this plot, and EXACTLY the same punchline back in 2011. but shhhh don't tell anyone.

Clock Crew: Secret Origin Clock Crew: Secret Origin

I am a computer.

Funk Ar0und:Green Banana Funk Ar0und:Green Banana

gettin' funky in here

AbsintheClock responds:

Roll down the windows and gimme some air.

CLOCK DAY 2014: procastin CLOCK DAY 2014: procastin

I smiled at the "Clockday the 13th" joke.

chris-the-stick2 responds:

i am glad that my movie made you smile.
have a great clockday, corpsegrinder-clock!
you rock!1